(with white cheese, onion, celery and green pepper)
Scalloping potatoes can easily turn any dish into a casserole!
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 cups of milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cajun seasoning (optional)
6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced *
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheese
*note: Salad Shooter makes quick work of slicing potatoes!
- Pour milk, seasonings and flour into well sealed container and shake vigorously until well-mixed. Periodically shake to keep blended.
- If using 13x9 pan, make 2 layers.
- If using deeper casserole dish, make 3 or more layers.
- Spray Pam into dish, and make layer of potatoes. Sprinkle some of the chopped vegetables and cheese on top, and pour some of the liquid on top.
- Make another layer as above, and perhaps more, depending on the type of baking dish being used.
- Bake at 350F for approximately one hour.