Sure to please the pickiest eaters, this corn casserole has never been anything less than a big hit! Then again, how can a recipe by Paula Deen be anything BUT a big success! It is soooo sweet, that it's dessert served with supper, in my humble opinion. (Recipe courtesy Paula Deen, Photos from Jack's kitchen).
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter.
Pour into a greased 9 by 13-inch casserole dish.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and top with Cheddar.
Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve warm.
Note: we add chopped scallions and green peppers when company is sharing. When it's just for us, we chop in jalapenos.