In our home, no matter who visits, or what the celebration is, the Taco Layer Dip is always a hit.
Seldom are ever any leftovers.
Serve with chips, home-made tortillas, veggies or pita chips.
Easily enjoyed as a main entrée, Taco Layer dip may be served similarly to pizza at meal time
- except -
this dip is far tastier and much more nutritious than any "mere" pizza.
* 2 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
* 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1/4 cup salsa (see our recipe in the right column)
* garlic salt to taste
* ground black pepper to taste
* 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
* 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
* 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
* 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
* 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
* 2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
* 1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives - drained and finely chopped
1. In a medium bowl, mash the avocados. Mix in lime juice, cilantro, salsa, garlic salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and taco seasoning.
3. Chop your favorite onions and fresh peppers (include bell, banana and if desired, jalapeño) add seasonings (your family's favorites)
4. In a 9x13 inch dish or on a large serving platter, spread the refried beans.
5. Top with sour cream mixture.
6. Spread on guacamole.
7. Top with homemade salsa (tomatoes and a variety of fresh bell and banana peppers) green onions, Mexican-style cheese blend and black olives.
The finished product is delicious and sure to be a hit!