If you enjoy the nutty goodness of Whole Wheat and the rich flavor of honey and brown sugar, this Zucchini Bread recipe is for you. Because the ingredients are dark in color, the baked bread will also appear darker than Zucchini Bread baked with white flour and white sugar.
* 6 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup honey
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup canola oil (we substituted olive oil)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups whole wheat flour
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 4 cups grated zucchini, and rubbed dry
* 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease three 8x4 inch loaf pans and set aside. Shred Zucchini, and towel dry to remove excess water.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the wet ingredients until moistened. Gently stir in the zucchini and walnuts until evenly distributed. Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans.
3. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the crown comes out clean. Cool in the pan until cool enough to touch, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap or store in a plastic bag when cool to keep moist.