These Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie Bars are perfect for school lunches because they don't break apart. We suggest baking for 18-20 minutes unless your oven normally takes longer. We also used parchment paper in the pan for easy removal and cooling, and no-mess cutting.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( I like pecans) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375* Grease a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.