... begin approximately 75 minutes prior to serving dinner.
Cooking method produces a wonderfully-tender cube steak, without all the breading.
- 1-lb cube steak (or whatever amount required by your family)
- 2 or 3 tomatoes (more or less, as desired), diced
- 2 onions (more or less, as desired), rough chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- Season cube steak with salt, pepper and your favorite seasonings.
- Sear the cube steaks in fry pan, about one minute on each side.
- Add a little water to pan.
- Place tomatoes and onions on top of the steaks.
- Cover fry pan.
- Simmer about an hour on medium-to-low heat.
Serve with salad, favorite vegetables, and baked potato or rice.
(see also our recipe for cube steak with tomato gravy by clicking here)